This is milk.
My thoughts and observations in no particular order...
1. This milk's expiration date is June 29, 2008!! (Wow! That's my 31st birthday... what a strange coincidence.)
2. Until that time I can keep it anywhere - in the pantry, on a shelf, in the hot sun, in the bathroom... well, maybe not in the bathroom.
3. It tastes, um, not exactly like milk.
4. It took some getting used to.
5. James loves the stuff.
6. This kind of milk is much easier to come by around here than the fresher variety we drank when we lived in California.
7. Most Turkish mothers serve it to their children at room temperature (bleck!) With honey.
8. Many Turkish kids' baby teeth rot out before they would naturally fall out. Hmmmmm... too much honey milk??
9. After I open it I have to keep it in the refrigerator.
10. This kind of milk was the main ingredient in the chocolate milk shake we drank recently.
11. Does milk that lasts for months and months with no refrigeration seem strange and wrong to anyone other than me?